ERIE, MI (January 19, 2018) – It may be frigid outside, but things are warming up in the Engine Pro Sprints On Dirt presented by ARP office as the 2018 season takes shape. Sponsorships are being renewed and race date contracts are being signed as SOD works to complete preparation for the 2018 schedule.
SOD has a long-standing practice of publicly releasing only race dates that have been agreed to, and we continue to do so. Dates considered to be tentative, TBA, TBD, etc. are not listed. With this in mind, these are the signed dates for 2018 at this time:
Saturday, April 28 – Crystal Motor Speedway, Crystal, MI (May 5 rain date)
Friday, May 18 – Hartford Speedway, Hartford, MI
Friday, June 8 – Hartford Speedway, Hartford, MI
Saturday, June 9 – Butler Speedway, Quincy, MI
Friday, June 22 – Tri-City Motor Speedway, Auburn, MI
Friday, July 6 – Hartford Speedway, Hartford, MI
Saturday, July 14 – Crystal Motor Speedway, Crystal, MI
Friday, July 27 – Hartford Speedway, Hartford, MI
Friday, August 3 – Butler Speedway, Quincy, MI
Saturday, August 4 – Butler Speedway, Quincy, MI
Saturday, August 25 – Merritt Speedway, Lake City, MI
Friday, August 31 – Hartford Speedway, Hartford, MI
Saturday, September 1 – Crystal Motor Speedway, Crystal, MI
Additional dates are under consideration and will be announced when finalized.
SOD’s numerous promotional and contingency programs are being finalized for 2018. The fast qualifier (Fast Master) in each heat, heat race top finishers, and the random draw (Lucky Dog) winners will receive cash awards. The crew chief and sportsman of the year will receive cash awards at the 2018 awards banquet. Other promotional and contingency programs are being worked on also.
Several major sponsorship partnerships have been finalized for 2018:
- Engine Pro (enginepro.com) and ARP (www.arp-bolts.com) continue their long-time partnership with Sprints On Dirt as title sponsor partners once again.
- Hoosier Racing Tire (hoosiertire.com) and Hoosier Tire Midwest (www.racetires.com)continue as major sponsor partners.
- Engler Machine and Tool, Inc. (englermachine.com) returns as a primary heat race sponsor partner.
- RockAuto.com (www.RockAuto.com)also returns as a primary heat race sponsor partner.
- Lane Automotive (laneautomotive.com) is returning as Fast Masters co-sponsor.
- MSD Ignition (msdperformance.com/brands/msd) is returning as Fast Masters co-sponsor.
- The Perfit Corporation (engineproparts.com) will once again sponsor the Lucky Dog Award.
- XYZ Machining, Inc. (goo.gl/vUNns4) will recognize the Crew Chief of the Year.
- XYZ Machining, Inc. will also recognize the Sportsman of the Year.
Hoosier Racing Tire will once again provide the SOD spec tires that have proven to equalize competition among various engine sizes and configurations and provide exciting side by side racing. The tires, utilized since the inaugural 2016 season of the SOD “beyond limits” format will remain unchanged through the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
Watch for more 2018 updates at www.facebook.com/sprintsondirt.